2014年10月15日水曜日

Homework


For our first homework, "List of Church of England dioceses" was FA in Wikipedia.
It was really hard to find it!!! I found that it is quite difficult to find reliable article in Wikipedia.

Schaefer, Cora. Personal Networks on Social Network Sites (SNS): Context and Personality Influences. Saarbrücken: Suedwestdeutscher Verlag, 2008. Print.
“Line Applies to TSE for IPO That Could See Value Exceed ¥1 Trillion.” The Japan Times Online 15 July 2014. Web. 15 Oct. 2014.

For our socond homework, I'm kind of got used to using zotero, but i sometimes don't understand where can I correct. Work cited for book is quite anderstandable, but not for newspaper. I need to study about it more.

7 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Moeka:) I also found it difficult to find FA rated article related to my essay theme! I think it depends on what we write about though... I also have to study a lot more about both wikipedia and Zotero so that i can use much of these for the next essay.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hi, Mirei!
      Thank you very much for making comment! Let's study hard together!!

      削除
  2. Hi Moeka!
    I agree that finding FA articles, that is reliable sources in wikipedia is difficult. Actually, I could not find FA article that is directly related to my essay:(
    But even though it is difficult to find reliable sources in wikipedia, it is really good to know how to distinguish good sources from bad ones. Don't you think so???

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you saaya for making comment!
      Yeah, we need to know what is right and what is wrong to write essey.

      削除
  3. Hi Moeka! How are you doing? It seems that every body had difficulty finding FA Wikipedia articles. I wonder who evaluate the quality of the pages. They must be professionals of the themes, but, those professionals can also be the editors or the writers of the articles at the same time. While, the people who evaluate must be in a third party. So, I'm even dubious about the quality evaluation on Wikipedia pages.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hi Nanami!
      Your comment was really interesting! Yeah, maybe this evaluation is not so reliable too... It's really hard to decide what is right and what is wrong, but we have to decide at some point when we write essay. I think we need to study more about making decision about it.

      削除
  4. Hi! Sorry for commenting on your blog really late... as you said, it was really hard to find FA labeled source in Wikipedia. Maybe it shows us that we are better find sources in more reliable database, such as LexisNexis. I think it requires us less time and less work. About Zotero, even though I found it helpful, I thought it was quite complicated at the same time. Hopefully, we will get used to it and be able to utilize it!

    返信削除